Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday Update

We began the day with a discussion on relevance and prayer led by Dawn. We joined the rest of our church community in Lincoln by praying for Jacob Lohner.

Kids were lined up at the Learning Center before we arrived for the first session. An American staying in the village studying La Vida Education quipped, "This is the first time I've seen anyone in Nicaragua show up early for anything!" 135 kids attended the art camp yesterday. Today? 200.

Here are the youngest kids making their puppets. They loved this craft.

The older kids created "molas" out of felt.

Within minutes of the final session, it started to rain...hard. (The much-anticipated "day two" of Frisbee three-flies-up was, sadly, called because of the deluge). The rain continued all evening. Some of us painted the doors of the Learning Center. Some of us ran home to escape the rain and hung out with our host families. We'll be at it again manana.
- Nathan

3 comments:

Nicole @Team Pipkin said...

WOW! You sure do have your hands full. 200 kids, they heard about what a great time their friends had and brought more. You guys are awesome, I get overwhelmed with TEN kids doing an art project. Praying for you all and the great work your doing there.

Cyn said...

I feel like I keep repeating myself, but AMAZING! The pictures are great-such happy faces everywhere and MAN does that look like a lot of rain!

Unknown said...

I am having so much fun looking at all the pictures you are posting. I get so excited when I think about all those kids having fun. You are nourishing their souls with all that art and love. God is only good.